Extra Curricular Activities
Students are able to access a range of extra curricula activities at a small cost
• Private tuition in drums, guitar and keyboard is available during school hours
• Year 5 and 6 students can access free tuition at Mount Clear College on Tuesday mornings from 8.30 to 9.20 am by joining the Mount Clear College Transition Band
• Recorder tuition is an elective for Year 3 and 4 students
• Qualifying Year 3 to 6 students are able to progress through to state finals in athletics, swimming and cross country
• Year 5 and 6 students have the opportunity to participate in interschool sport competitions
• Specialist sport clinics such as golf, hip hop, futsal, soccer, Kanga cricket and Auskick are provided as a part of the school Physical Education program
• A Kelly Sports Program is available one lunch time per week and after school
• International Competitions and Assessments for Schools (ICAS)
School Community Events:
• Disco for Mount Clear Primary School Students
• Biennial School Fair
• Biennial Market Day
• Mount Clear Primary School Idol
A school camping program is offered for students from their first year at school.
Foundation: Breakfast at school
Year 1: Dinner at school
Year 2: Sleepover at school
Year 3 & 4: 2 night, 3 day, cabin accommodated bush camping experience
Year 5 & 6: 3 night, 4 day urban or beach camp, alternating each year
Excursions and Incursion:
Excursions and Incursions are organised to support student learning. These may include visits to Sovereign Hill, Melbourne Zoo, Ecolinc, Earth Ed, Confucius Centre, Ballarat Art Gallery.
A one week, intensive swimming program (daily lessons) is offered at all year levels.